Preventing Medical Errors in Nutrition and Dietetics Practice
by Dr. Catherine Christie, PhD, RDN/LDN, FAND.
2.0 hours CPE pending approval from CDR.
This session is designed to meet the Florida Licensure requirement for two hours of continuing education in medical errors. Participants will learn about the most common medical errors nationally and in the state of Florida as well as common medical errors in dietetics practice. Root cause analysis will be discussed followed by strategies for prevention of medical errors in dietetics practice.
As a BONUS, get a discount code to get the Ethics Course from Professional Development Resources for only $10.00!
Preventing Medical Errors in Nutrition and Dietetics Practice Learning Objectives:
1. Describe the current state of medical errors in healthcare and the movement for patient safety.
2. Discuss how medical errors can result from a system failure.
3. Define root cause analysis and review data from Florida and nationally in common situations of medical errors.
4. List methods to improve patient safety in dietetic practice settings.
5. Describe national patient safety goals for various health care settings.
Subscribe to FCA e-Newsletter!
First Coast Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
P.O. Box 11964
Jacksonville, FL 32239
Contact us via email