JOB ID: 244853
Additional Job Information
Title: Dietician - Community
City, State: Jacksonville,FL
Location: Mobile/Ped Outreach
Department: MOBILE HEALTH PEDS
Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating, 0 hours,Weekly
St. Vincent’s HealthCare, part of Ascension, is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities since 1873. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, St. Vincent’s HealthCare is widely recognized for delivering personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech.
The Community Dietician provides medical nutrition therapy and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
- Assesses patients for nutritional status. Provides interventions/treatments including diet therapy, counseling or specialized nutrition supplements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and ancillary services such as speech pathology or physical therapy.
- Monitors tolerance and effectiveness of nutritional regimen and recommends therapy adjustments as necessary.
- Provides nutrition information for the community that may include public speaking, news releases and other forms of publications.
- Provides nutrition education and counseling to the general public
- Develops plans and implements nutrition curriculum for the general public.
- Teaches nutrition concepts to a wide range of ethnic groups and socioeconomic status.
- Required Credential(s):
- Registry Eligible Dietitian/Nutritionist .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist credentialed from the Florida Department of Health.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- BS degree and Internship, AP four program, or other qualifying experience to be registry eligible or a registered dietician in the state of Florida
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to the Employment page at www.jaxhealth.com
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment Kiosks in the following locations:
St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside, adjacent to Human Resources Employment and Employee Relations, Suite 1102 located at 1 Shircliff Way, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or at St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside in Human Resources, Suite 220 located in the Roger Main Building, 2nd floor, 4203 Belfort Road, Jacksonville, FL 32216
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.